Attention teachers and students! Did you know that October is Disability Awareness month? We invite you to schedule Nick come to your class and read his 40 page adventure, Helping in Action (using his communication device). We would love to “help” Nick visit your classroom this fall. He has something for all grade levels including:
- Story Time, with Nick reading his children’s adventure story, Helping in Action.
- Disability Awareness presentation we call Walk in My Shoes, including riding and pushing a wheelchair in an obstacle course, and trying a communication device to talk.
- A motivational talk about not giving up called, Why Try.
- Using respectful language in a presentation called Spread the Word to End the Word.
- Partner with PTO organizations for a fundraiser, with a portion of the sales going to your school.
You may contact Nick via email at email@example.com or call 970-342-8338, to schedule a visit.
See you soon,
Nick and his assistants Sue and Audrey
Nick was honored yesterday at a luncheon as a nominee for 2014 Mayor’s Awards, City of Fort Collins Commission on Disability. We are proud to mention the Award Winners for 2014 here.
- 2014 Partnership Award – Disabled Resource Services
1017 Robertson St, Fort Collins, CO 80524
- Employer of the Year – Columbine Health Systems
- Employee of the Year – Loretta “Lori” Haskett, 4th grade teacher at Olander Elementary
- Service Provider of the Year – Foundation Music School
- Volunteer of the Year – Roxann McKenzie
- Dorothy Lasley Memorial Award - Julian Wang
- Spirit of Fort Collins – PSD Unified Basketball Teams
Thank you Fort Collins for supporting and recognizing the Commission on Disability and all those who serve.
Sue Kittel and Nick Roussos